They’re sweet, they’re tart, they’re fiery. They’re quotes about love and food.
In celebration of our wonderful patrons who chose to spend Valentine’s day with us, we would like to offer the following quips about love and food…
PS – See if you find yourself in the slide show below.
No matter how you slice and dice it, food and love are inextricably tied. In fact, YourTango polled more than a thousand hungry readers for our Breakfast, Love & Dinner survey, and 75 percent agreed that preparing food for someone is a significant act of love. We gathered 17 of the most inspiring love quotes that are also about food—and there are plenty more where these came from.
1. “Cooking is like love: It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” — Harriet van Horne
2. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf
3. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” —A lan D. Wolfelt
4. “It’s absolutely unfair for women to say that guys only want one thing: sex. We also want food.” ― Jarod Kintz
5. “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” ― George Bernard Shaw
6. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him…the people who give you their food give you their heart.” — Cesar Chavez
7. “I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.” ― Nora Ephron
8. “My weaknesses have always been food and men—in that order.” — Dolly Parton
9. “Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.” ― M.F.K. Fisher
10. “Food, far more than sex, is the great leveler. Just as every king, prophet, warrior, and saint has a mother, so every Napoleon, every Einstein, every Jesus has to eat.” — Betty Fussell
11. “The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death.” ― E.M. Forster
12. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
13. “Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want.” — Gael Greene
14. “There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.” — Thomas Wolfe
15. “I love my pizza so much, in fact, that I have come to believe in my delirium that my pizza might actually love me, in return. I am having a relationship with this pizza, almost an affair.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
16. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” — Julia Child
17. “Barbecue sauce is like a beautiful woman. If it’s too sweet, it’s bound to be hiding something.” — Lyle Lovett